Sunday, June 12, 2011

I'm kind of an asshole.

Ugh.

People make me crazy.  They're inconsiderate, selfish, thoughtless, and occasionally dillusional.  What makes me crazier, is the awful realization that despite tremendous personal effort, I am just as bad, if not worse.  Just another member of the People Club, with all of the flaws listed above.  Acutely developed.

An asshole.

This I consider as I chug my grape-flavored Rockstar (which is delicious) and smoke (which is satisfying) outside of the Goodwill (which was disappointing).

Despite possessing a nigh-invulnerable, sociopathic-level ego, its the personal realizations, the "moments of clarity" that stick in my head and make for my favorite of all emotional states:  cathartic frustration.

So, the question is, having acknowledged the problems, how do I become less of an asshole?  Nobody appreciates an asshole, and I don't want to be an unappreciated asshole.  Unappreciated, fine; that I can handle, piece of cake.  Asshole?  Not okay with being an asshole.  (I have to add:  while it isn't okay to be an asshole, it is okay to type asshole.  Extremely gratifying.)

So, what then is the answer?  Fuck if I know; I thought I was doing a good job!  This, I need to point out, is a classic trait of mine:  Not paying enough fucking attention.  (Which, along with being an asshole, I am very good at doing.)  I thought that I was, turns out I wasn't.  I suppose that my ignorance is the answer.  Pay MORE fucking attention.  If you think its enough; its not, and you're being an asshole.  One must constantly struggle to give a shit.  If you don't, well, than you're just an asshole.

At least I'm not a jerk. 

(And I have never written "asshole" as many times in one sitting in my life.  I could do it all day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment